Security Printing techniques are crucial to modern effective security documents. Security Foiling Limited can offer a ‘total service’ of document design and production.
The selection and choice of features is directly connected to the type of security threat that each potential customer faces and therefore we offer a confidential service to discuss which security features will offer the appropriate level of protection.
The most effective and therefore secure documents are created using a multi-layered approach to security. By selecting the most important visible (overt) and invisible (covert) features to cover specific or perceived threats we aim to provide the most appropriately advanced and secure document. Some Invisible features require special equipment for verification and are therefore only suitable in applications where there is appropriate time and facilities to check the document.
A constant review of the documents security features ensures that the document remains relevant to current threats and trends in document security.
Some typical documents:
- University Certificates – protection against copying and data alteration
- Cheques – protection against data alteration
- Tickets – protection against copying
- Vouchers – protection against copying and alteration
- ID & loyalty cards – protection of photographs, replication and data alteration
Some typical security features:
- Artificial (Printed) & True (Embossed into the paper at manufacture) Watermarks
- Tamper evident printed backgrounds
- Invisible and visible threads
- OVD’s - Securigrafix, Photografix & Datafoil (not just holograms)
- Printed micro text
- Anti-copy printed screens (Pantograph)– VOID & COPY etc revealed when copied
- Ultra violet light reflective security features in print and hot stamping foils
- Heat sensitive inks
- Bleed-through inks
- Printed security warnings
- Embossing/Debossing with and without hot stamping foil